Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us in Sacramento, CA! Our mission will be very exciting and life-changing. We will be restoring existing church building facilities by painting the exterior of the church. Join us for this mission trip! You will see your faith in action as we go and be the hands and feet of Jesus. We look forward to serving together with you! Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting mission journey!
WHEN: Apr 22-26, 2021
WHERE: West Sacramento SDA Church in Sacramento, CA
Three vegetarian/vegan meals (if you have food allergies or specific dietary needs, please let us know)
If you need lodging during the mission trip, please let us know and we can organize lodging at the church
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Remove old fence and install new fence. Exterior church painting.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive onThursday, April 22nd in the morning. We plan to start at 8:00 am.
Departure: Please plan to depart on Monday, April 26th in the evening
We can provide lodging at the church. No linens are provided. Please bring your own sleeping bag and air mattress.
The weather will be in the mid 80's in the day and low 70's at night
We are going to have worship together and small groups. Also we can visit some local sites during our time together in Sacramento.
We will have church service together with the church members on Sabbath.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible (Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight backpack
• Hymnal App on your phone
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Warm Jacket
• Swimming suit (modest), beach towel (water temp will be cold)
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Sheets and blanket and or a light sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillowcase
• Towel and washcloth
8:00 AM arrival/Worship
12:30-1:30 PM Lunch
6:00 PM Dinner
7:00 PM Worship/small groups
ADDITIONAL DAILY ACTIVITIES:
|1) Thursday - Friday
||April 22 - 23
||Volunteer/work on the church project.
||Church service together. Lunch. Explore some local sights in the area. Hiking.
|3) Sunday - Monday
||April 25 - 26
||Volunteer/work on the church project. Monday evening the volunteer group will depart home.
See you soon!
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!