Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us in Sacramento, CA! Our mission will be very exciting and life-changing. We will be restoring existing church building facilities by painting the exterior of the church. Join us for this mission trip! You will see your faith in action as we go and be the hands and feet of Jesus. We look forward to serving together with you! Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting mission journey!
WHEN: Oct 18 - 22, 2020
WHERE: West Sacramento SDA Church in Sacramento, CA
Local housing during the project (bring your own bedding)
Three vegetarian/vegan meals (if you have food allergies or specific dietary needs, please let us know)
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Improve existing building facilities and exterior painting.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive on Sunday, Oct 18th in the morning. We plan to stat at 8:00 am.
Departure: Please plan to depart on Thursday, Oct 22nd in the morning
We will be staying at the church. No linens are provided. Please bring your own sleeping bag and air mattress.
The weather will be in the mid 80's in the day and low 60's at night
We are going to visit some local sites during our time together in Sacramento.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible (Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight backpack
• Hymnal App on your phone
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Warm Jacket
• Swimming suit (modest), beach towel (water temp will be cold)
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Sheets and blanket and or a light sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillowcase
• Towel and washcloth
7:00 AM Wake Up/Personal Devotional
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
12:30-1:30 PM Lunch
6:00 PM Dinner
7:00 PM Worship
8:00 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
ADDITIONAL DAILY ACTIVITIES:
||Volunteer/work on the church project.
||Explore some local sights in the area.
|3) Tuesday - Thursday
|| Oct 20 - 22
||Volunteer/work on the church project. Thursday volunteer group will depart home.
See you soon!
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!