Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us in Richmond, CA! Our mission will be very exciting and life-changing. We will be restoring existing building facilities, painting, flooring, and renovating church facilities. We will be exploring the nearby coast and hiking the nearby nature trails. You will see your faith in action as we go and be the hands and feet of Jesus. We look forward to serving together with you! Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting mission journey!
WHEN: Sep 3 - 7, 2020
WHERE: Beacon Light SDA Church Richmond, CA
Local housing during the project (bring your own bedding)
Three vegetarian/vegan meals (if you have food allergies or specific dietary needs, please let us know)
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Improve existing building facilities, painting, and install new flooring.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive on Thursday, Sep 3 in the morning
Departure: Please plan to depart on Monday, Sep 7 in the evening
We will be staying at the church. No linens are provided. Please bring your own sleeping bag.
The weather will be in the mid 80's in the day and low 60's at night
We are going to visit some local beaches in the area on Saturday. Also, a hiking trip will be an option.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible (Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight backpack
• Hymnal App on your phone
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Warm Jacket
• Swimming suit (modest), beach towel (water temp will be cold)
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Sheets and blanket and or a light sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillowcase
• Towel and washcloth
7:00 AM Wake Up/Personal Devotional
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
12:30-1:30 PM Lunch
6:00 PM Dinner
7:00 PM Worship/Team-building/debrief
8:00 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
ADDITIONAL DAILY ACTIVITIES:
|1) Thursday - Friday
||Sep 3 - 4
||Volunteer/work on the church project.
||Explore some local sights in the area and visit the local beach.
|3) Sunday - Monday
||Sep 6 - 7
||Volunteer/work on the church project. Monday evening volunteer group will depart home.
See you soon!
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!