Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us in Brazil. This will be an unforgettable experience. We will participate in building projects, evangelism, community outreach, and health seminars. This mission trip will have multiple opportunities to serve and minister to others. As always, mission trips require a desire to glorify God, teamwork, and safety. We ask that these values be considered as you make a decision to join us. Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting journey to the beautiful country of Brazil!
WHEN: June 4th – 14th, 2019
WHERE: Manaus, Brazil (MAO is the airport code)
COST: $860 per person + Flights (payments need to be made in full by April 15th, 2020)
Ground transportation from Manaus airport
One Build and Restore T-shirt
Amazing Disciples Study Book
Housing on the River Boat
Food - 3 vegeterian/vegan meals per day (travel days may delay meals and timing, please bring snacks)
Local transportation in country during the project
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Our work in underprivileged communities mainly involves meeting their material and spiritual needs, which usually includes activities such as lectures, health expos, evangelism, community visits, medical and dental care, children's programs and construction.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive on Thursday, June 4th late morning before 3:00 pm
Departure: Please plan to depart on Sunday, June 14th in the evening after 8:00 pm
We will be staying on a large two story river boat as we go from village to village on the Amazon river.
The weather will be in the mid 90's in the day and mid to high 70's at night
We are going to have our excursion on Sunday, June 14th. Swimming with wild life in a nerby park or other options will be available. Please do some research on this region to be well informed.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible(Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight back pack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use(please exchage your money for local currency before you travel)
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
• Charcoal and or Pepto-Bismol
• Wet wipes and or toilet paper
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Dress shirts, slacks, and shoes (men) for church*
• Dresses, skirts/blouses, and shoes (women) for church*
• Swimming suits (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Sheets and blanket or a light sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
More about the project.
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:30 AM Start Work
1:00 PM Lunch
2:00 PM Continue Work
5:00 PM Dinner
6:30 PM Leave for evening seminars
9:00 PM Worship/Team-building/debrief
9:30 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
Thursday June 4th, flights to Manaus, Brazil arrive late morning before 3:00 pm.
Friday June 5th to June 13th we will be staying on the Amazon river boat and traveling on the Amazon River.
Sunday June 14th will be our group excurcion day and iin the evening afer 8:00 pm the group will fly home.
Group Size: 25 people per boat for the Amazon River Boat Mission Trip
Since we work in underprivileged communities, our work mainly involves meeting their material and spiritual needs, which usually includes activities such as lectures, health expos, evangelism, community visits, medical and dental care, children's programs and construction.
Volunteers should arrive late morning June 4th until 3:00 p.m, and the departure should be on the 14 th of June, after 8:00 pm.
Airport transfer for arrival and for departure will be provided. (Unfortunately we cannot provide accommodation for those who'd like to be in Manaus before or after the dates of the mission trip. If anyone is interested in any tourist activities, we recommend that a hotel of their preference is reserved ahead of time.)
There are some optional activities available after returning from the mission trip.
The group generally arrives back to the city Saturday evening, so you may enjoy eating supper at a restaurant with local flavor that offers various food options. The one we recommend is called "Casa da Sopa" and you can check out their website here: http://www.casadasopamanaus.com.br/
CASA DA SOPA - Average price: 25 reals per person
We can also eat a typical Brazilian pizza, etc. These are options we can talk about.
Possible tourist activities on Sunday : The group may opt to go an a tour that includes swimming with dolphins, lunch at a floating restaurant and the 'meeting of the waters' (where 2 rivers meet and the Amazon actually starts), returning to the base in the late afternoon.
Average price: 140 reals
MISSION TRIP Accomodations
The cost per person is US $900. This includes 3 vegetarian/vegan meals per day, airport transfer (arrival and departure), accident insurance, transportation to the jungle by boat, accommodation, personal hammock and mosquito net, and a mission kit (t-shirt, hat and water bottle).
Payments need to be made in full by March 25th, 2020 to secure your spot as space is limited. Please, contact us with any questions about payment. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- copy of the passport
- proof of Yellow Fever vaccination
- copy of the travel insurance
Each volunteer needs to apply for a visa for Brazil.
It is very important that everyone reads the document: "Short Term Trip Manual and the Pre-trip Information".
Many questions (about clothing, activities, life on the boat, food, etc.) will be answered here.
Once you have registered for the mission trip, we will email you the document.