Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us at Camp Wawona, Yosemite. This will be an unforgettable experience. We will participate in different restoration and building projects. This mission trip will have multiple opportunities to serve and minister to others. As always, mission trips require a desire to glorify God, teamwork, and safety. We ask that these values be considered as you make a decision to join us. Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting mission journey!
WHEN: Aug. 20 - 25, 2020
WHERE: Wawona, California
COST: $100 per person (payments need to be made in full by Aug 11th, 2020)
One Build and Restore T-shirt (if you have one from a previous trip, please bring it with you)
Amazing Disciples Study Book (if you have one from a previous trip, please bring it with you)
Housing in cabins at the camp
Food - 3 vegetarian/vegan meals per day
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Improve camp facilities by helping to restore and build up the facilities.
2. Volunteers will learn and share different building responsibilities.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive on Thursday Aug 20th before noon.
Departure: Please plan to depart on the following Tuesday 25th in the afternoon.
We will be staying in cabins. No linens are provided. Please bring your own linens, pillow and sleeping bag.
The weather will be in the mid 80's in the day and mid 60's at night.
We are going to visit Yosemite National Park. Our plan is to explore some of the main sites in the park.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible(Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight back pack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Dress shirts, slacks, and shoes (men) for church*
• Dresses, skirts/blouses, and shoes (women) for church*
• Swimming suits (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Sheets and blanket or a sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
More about the project.
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:15 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
9:00 AM Start Work
1:00 PM Lunch
1:45 PM Continue Work
6:00 PM Dinner
6:30 PM Showers/Free Time
8:00 PM Worship/Team-building
9:00 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
Thursday Aug 20 - Morning arrival. Get settled in. Have lunch at 1pm. At 2pm is orientation and begin work. Dinner at 6pm. Vespers and worship at 8pm.
Friday Aug 21 - Work day. Have your water bottle, gloves, hat, sunglasses, and boots ready for the work.
Sabbath Aug 22 - Church and share testimonies. Short hike after lunch. Camp fire in the evening for sundown worship.
Sunday Aug 23 - Half Day work day. Have your water bottle, gloves, hat, sunglasses, and boots ready for the work.
Monday Aug 24 - Work day. Have your water bottle, gloves, hat, sunglasses, and boots ready for the work.
Tuesday Aug 25 - Pack up. breakfast together. final remarks. Prepare for departure.
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!