Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us at Monterey Bay Academy! This will be a life changing and unforgettable experience. We will be helping with rebuilding/construction projects around the campus. This mission trip will have multiple opportunities to serve and minister to others. As always, mission trips require a desire to glorify God, teamwork, and safety. We ask that these values be considered as you make a decision to join us. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting mission journey to the beautiful campus of Monterey Bay Academy.
WHEN: Oct 3rd – 10th, 2019
WHERE: La Selva Beach, California
COST: $100 per person (payments need to be made in full by Sept. 26th, 2019)
Build and Restore T-shirt
Amazing Disciples Study Book
Housing provided at the school
Food - 3 vegetarian meals per day
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Improve the school facilities by helping to restore and build up different structures and facilities.
2. Volunteers will learn and share different building responsibilities in fixing the school facilities.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive on Thurs. Oct. 3rd in the afternoon.
Departure: Please plan to depart on Thurs, Oct. 10th in the morning.
We will be staying at the school. No linens are provided. Please bring your own linens, air mattress/pad and sleeping bag.
The weather will be in the mid 70's in the day and mid to high 50's at night.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible (Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight back pack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Dress shirts, slacks, and shoes (men) for church*
• Dresses, skirts/blouses, and shoes (women) for church*
• Swimming suits (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Sheets and blanket, air mattress/pad, and sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
More about the project...
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:45 AM Start Work
1:00 PM Lunch
2:00 PM Continue Work
5:30 PM Dinner
7:00 PM Worship/Team-building
8:00 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
Thursday Oct. 3rd. Arrive at noon and get settled in. Team leader's orientation will be at 4:00pm. Entire group orientation will be at 5:00pm. Dinner at 5:30pm. Worship at 7pm.
Friday, Oct. 4th. First day of work/volunteering. Have your water bottle, gloves, hat, sunglasses, and boots ready for work. Refer to schedule for start time.
Sabbath Oct. 5th. Enjoy church service. Potluck. Local hike in the afternoon. Dinner at 5:00pm. Vespers on the beach after dinner at 6pm.
Sunday Oct. 6th. Second day of work/volunteering. Have your water bottle, gloves, hat, sunglasses, and boots ready for work. Refer to schedule for start time.
Monday, Oct. 7th. Third day of work/volunteering. Have your water bottle, gloves, hat, sunglasses, and boots ready for work. Refer to schedule for start time.
Tuesday, Oct. 8th. Explore the Pacific Ocean and check out marine wildlife. Will explore nearby beach and see the local tide pools.
Wednesday, Oct 9th. Final day of work/volunteering. Have your water bottle, gloves, hat, sunglasses, and boots ready for work. Refer to schedule for start time.
Thursday Oct. 10th. Will have breakfast together. Pack up our vehicles and get ready to depart.
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!