Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us for our Christmas break mission trip! Our mission this holiday season will be very exciting and life changing. We will be doing community outreach, health seminars, evangelism, restoration of existing building facilities, and other exciting activities. We will be sharing the gospel through physical evangelism. You will see your faith in action as we go and be the hands and feet of Jesus. We look forward to serving together with you! Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting mission journey!
WHEN: Dec 22 – Dec 27, 2019
WHERE: Southern California (exact location TBD)
COST: $100 per person
Will be updating the rest of the details soon, so please check back.
We are giving you the dates and country so you can start planning accordingly.
Ground transportation from Sacramento, CA (limited to the first 10 volunteers who register!)
One Build and Restore T-shirt
Amazing Disciples Study Book (if you have one from a previous trip, please bring it with you)
Local housing during the project
Three vegetarian meals (if you have food allergies or specific dietary needs, please let us know)
Transportation on site
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Improve existing building facilities by painting the interior and exterior
2. Volunteers will share health seminars, share testimonies at the local church, and community outreach
Arrival: Please plan to arrive on Sunday, Dec 22nd before 4pm
Departure: Please plan to depart on Friday, Dec 27th in the morning
We will be staying on the project site. No linens are provided. Please bring your own.
The weather will be in the mid 70's in the day and low 60's at night
We are going to visit a local beach in the area. Also hiking trip will be an option, weather permiting.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible(Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight back pack
• Hymnal App on your phone
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Sheets and blanket and or a light sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
12:30-1:30 PM Lunch
5:30 PM Dinner
6:45 PM Leave for evening seminars
8:30 PM Worship/Team-building/debrief
9:00 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!
ADDITIONAL DAILY ACTIVITIES:
1) Mon-Fri Dec 22 -27 Volunteer/work on the project.
2) Wed Dec 25 we will have a community outreach effort to share some hope with the community during the holiday season.