Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us for our Christmas break mission trip! Our mission this holiday season will be very exciting and life changing. We will be doing community outreach and restoration of existing church facilities. We will be sharing the gospel through physical evangelism. You will see your faith in action as we go to be the hands and feet of Jesus. We look forward to serving together with you! Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting mission journey!
WHEN: Dec 22 – Dec 27, 2019
WHERE: GEORGETOWN, CA (Location Change)
COST: $100 per person (Free for children under the age of 12 years)
Ground transportation from Sacramento, CA (limited to the first 10 volunteers who register!)
One Build and Restore T-shirt
Amazing Disciples Study Book (if you have one from a previous trip, please bring it with you)
Local housing during the project
Three vegetarian meals (if you have food allergies or specific dietary needs, please let us know)
Transportation on site
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Improve existing church building interior and exterior
2. Volunteers will share in community outreach program
Arrival: Please plan to arrive on Sunday, Dec 22nd before 2pm
Departure: Please plan to depart on Friday, Dec 27th in the morning
We will be staying on the project site at the church. No linens or beds are provided. Please bring your own.
The weather will be in the mid 60's in the day and mid 40's at night.
We are going to visit the local gold mining town and hiking trip will be an option, weather permiting.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible(Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight back pack
• Hymnal App on your phone
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Warm work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good warm working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Warm Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• WarmHat (to protect from the cold)
• Sunglasses/Eye Protection
• Sheets and warm blanket and or warm sleeping bag
• Air Mattress or Pad and pillow
• Towel for showers and wash cloth
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
12:30-1:30 PM Lunch
5:30 PM Dinner
6:45 PM Leave for evening seminars
8:30 PM Worship/Team-building/debrief
9:00 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
ADDITIONAL DAILY ACTIVITIES:
1) Mon-Fri Dec 22 -27 Volunteer/work on the project.
2) Wed Dec 25 we will have a community outreach effort to share some hope with the community during the holiday season.
3) During the week, we will have a vespers program in the evenings.
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!