Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us in Mexico! Our mission will be exciting and life changing. From community outreach efforts to restoration of the existing building facilities, to sharing the Gospel through public evangelism and health seminars, we look forward to serving together in Mexico! Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting mission journey to Mexico!
WHEN: Nov 24 – Dec 1, 2019
WHERE: Mexicali, Mexico
COST: $300 per person ($200 for children under the age of 12 years)
Will be updating the rest of the details soon, please check back later.
We are giving you the dates and country so you can start planning accordingly.
Ground transportation from Sacramento, CA (limited to the 1st 10 volunteers who register!)
One Build and Restore T-shirt
Amazing Disciples Study Book (if you have one from a previous trip, please bring it with you)
Local housing during the project
Three vegetarian meals (if you have food allergies or specific dietary needs, please let us know)
Transportation on site
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Improve existing building facilities by painting the interior and exterior
2. Volunteers will share sermons and health seminars at the local church
Arrival: Please plan to arrive in Mexicali, Mexico at the airport on Sunday, Nov 24th between 5pm and 9pm
(if driving to Mexico by car, please plan to arrive between 6pm and 8pm on Sunday Nov. 24th)
Departure: Please plan to depart from Mexicali, Mexico on Sunday, Dec. 1st in the morning (or make other arranglemts to stay longer.)
We will be staying in a house near the project site. Each room will have 4 beds. No linens are provided. Please bring your own.
The weather in Mexicali, Mexico will be in the mid 80's in the day and mid 60's at night.
We are going to visit the town square which is near the project site. Other activities as time permits will be available.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!
• Bible(Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Hymnal App on your phone
• Lightweight backpack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Passport (Must be valid until May 1 2020)
• Spending money for personal use (exchange dollars to Mexican Pesos before you go)
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
• Charcoal and or Pepto-Bismol
• Wet wipes and or toilet paper
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Dress shirts, slacks, and shoes (men) for church*
• Dresses, skirts/blouses, and shoes (women) for church*
• Swimming suit (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Sheets and blanket and or a light sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
12:30-1:30 PM Lunch
5:30 PM Dinner
6:45 PM Leave for evening seminars
8:30 PM Worship/Team-building/debrief
9:00 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
ADDITIONAL DAILY ACTIVITIES:
1) Mon-Fri Nov 25 -29 one hour at the school witnessing to the students in the classroom.
2) Mon - Fri Nov 25 -29 The volunteer team will do two sermons. One health topic and one spiritual topic. (The sermon talks will be 40 mins long with translation.)
3) Sabbath Nov 30 The complete volunteer team will have church and song service (a) children's program (b) Sabbath school (c) potluck and (d) 2pm youth rally