Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us at Camp Wawona. This will be an unforgettable experience. We will participate in different restoration and building projects. This mission trip will have multiple opportunities to serve and minister to others. As always, mission trips require a desire to glorify God, teamwork, and safety. We ask that these values be considered as you make a decision to join us. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting journey to Camp Wawona in beautiful California!
WHEN: May 19th – 27th, 2019
WHERE: Wawona, California
COST: $100 per person (payments need to be made in full by May 10th, 2019)
One Build and Restore T-shirt
Amazing Disciples Study Book
Housing in cabins at the camp
Food - 3 vegetarian meals per day
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
1. Improve camp facilities by helping to restore and build up the facilities.
2. Volunteers will learn and share different building responsibilities.
Arrival: Please plan to arrive on Sunday, May 19th before noon.
Departure: Please plan to depart on Monday, May 27th in the afternoon.
We will be staying in cabins. No linens are provided. Please bring your own linens and sleeping bag.
The weather will be in the mid 70's in the day and mid to high 50's at night.
We are going to visit Yosemite Park.
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible(Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Lightweight back pack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Dress shirts, slacks, and shoes (men) for church*
• Dresses, skirts/blouses, and shoes (women) for church*
• Swimming suits (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Sheets and blanket or a sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
More about the project.
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:45 AM Start Work
1:00 PM Lunch
1:45 PM Continue Work
5:30 PM Dinner
6:30 PM Showers/Free Time
8:00 PM Worship/Team-building
9:00 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
Sunday May 19, arrive before noon and settle in. Have lunch at 1pm. Begin work preparation and orientation. Dinner at 5:30pm. Worship at 7pm.
Monday May 20th - Friday May 24th work days. Have your water bottle, gloves, hat, sunglasses, and boots ready for the work week ahead.
Sabbath May 25th, church and share testimonies. Short hike after lunch. Camp fire in the evening for sundown worship.
Sunday May 26th, Half work day. Will have a camp fire. Will go for a river walk near the camp.
Monday May 27th, breakfast together. final remarks. Prepare for our departure.
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer!