Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us with the F5 Challenge team to Ocongate, Peru. This will be an unforgettable experience. We will participate in building projects, evangelism, community outreach, and health clinics. This mission trip will have multiple opportunities to serve and minister to others. As always, mission trips require a desire to glorify God, teamwork, and safety. We ask that these values be considered as you make a decision to join us. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting journey to the beautiful country of Peru!
WHEN: Apr 14th – 25th, 2019
WHERE: Ocongate, Peru
Ground transportation from Cusco airport
Local excursion to Machu Picchu
One Build and Restore T-shirt
Amazing Disciples Study Book
Housing, Food, and Transportation on site
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible(Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Light weight back pack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Spending money for personal use
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Dress shirts, slacks, and shoes (men) for church*
• Dresses, skirts/blouses, and shoes (women) for church*
• Swimming suit (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Small Tent for men sleeping outdoors
• Sheets and blanket or a light sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
More about the project.
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:30 AM Start Work
1:00 PM Lunch
5:00 PM Dinner
6:30 PM Leave for evening seminars
9:00 PM Worship/Team-building/de·brief
9:30 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
Detailed Itinerary for F5 Peru Mission Trip (itinerary as best as we can determine at this time.)
Sunday April 14, Flights to Cusco Peru, assuming a Saturday evening or Sunday morning departure, most flights from the US will arrive early Monday morning. Some will arrive Sunday night, others mid morning on Monday. There will be housing arranged at a convenient hotel for those arriving Sunday night. For those arriving later or earlier, we are working on detailed instructions for using local transport to reach Ocongate. But we may not be able to provide really solid instructions until a couple of the lead team members arrive and travel the route themselves.
Monday 15th, Coordinate the pick up of anyone still arriving Monday morning and leave Cusco by charter bus, probably early afternoon. Travel the few hours to Ocongate and get settled at the accommodations near the school.
Tuesday 16th, Start the daily routine of working on the project, clinics etc. The main project is the building at the school. One important note, the elevation will be over 11,000 feet, so it will take a day or two to acclimatize to the high altitude. The weather will also be cool, in the 60s during the day, and low 40s at night, plan accordingly for sleeping bags and clothing. Wednesday-Sunday More of the daily routine, while adapting to and rolling with the project and changes as needed.
Monday 22nd, Early morning departure for Machu Picchu, Monday we will spend the day traveling to the base of Machu Picchu, arriving Monday evening in Aguas Calientes and spending the night there.
Tuesday 23rd Visit Machu Picchu Tuesday evening return to Cusco. Those that wish to stay another day in the area are welcome to split off and do so. And or spend the night in Aguas Calientes and return Wednesday depending on flight schedules.
Wednesday 24th. Fly out of Cusco for home.
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer! Donate Now!