Build and Restore International (BRI) invites you to join us for our Thanksgiving Mission Trip Project! Together with El Pan de Vida Ministries we are going to Build and Restore the Shabbat health and education center located in Dzidzantún, Mexico. Our mission will be very exciting and life changing. Construction of new building facilities. Community outreach effort. Sharing the Gospel through public evangelism. Health evangelism for the local community. We look forward to serving together in Dzidzantún. Prayerfully consider joining us on this exciting journey to Mexico!
WHEN: November 18th – 25th, 2018
(2nd option: November 14th - 29th, 2018 for a 2 week stay)
WHERE: Dzidzantún, Mexico (Merida,MX) - (MID airport code)
COST: $200 per person + Flights (payment needs to be made in full by October 30th, 2018)
(For children under 18, cost is $150 per person)
Ground transportation from Merida airport
One Build and Restore T-shirt
What’s NOT Included:
Any personal expenses, snacks or souvenirs
Hotel, food, and transportation before or after the mission trip
Mission Trip Packing List
Items to Bring
• Bible(Paper Copy) and other devotional/reading materials
• Light weight back pack
• Personal snacks – e.g., energy/granola bars, nuts, or dried fruit
• Ear Plugs (in case the person next to you snores), sleep mask
• Money for personal spending
• Personal toiletries (soap, toothpaste, deodorant, mirror, razor, etc.)
Work Clothes and Gear
• Work pants (lightweight cotton preferred, cargo)
• Good working shoes (work boots or hard-soled shoes are safest)
• Socks – (1 pair for each day)
• T-shirts; short or long-sleeved cotton shirts
• Water bottle(s) (Wide mouth, refillable)
• Work gloves (2 pair recommended)
• Casual shirts, pants, and blouses
• Dress shirts, slacks, and shoes (men) for church*
• Dresses, skirts/blouses, and shoes (women) for church*
• Swimming suit (modest, one piece), beach towel
• Socks, Underclothes (microfiber quick dry—optional)
• Hat (to protect from sun)
• Small Tent for men sleeping outdoors
• Sheets and blanket or a light sleeping bag
• Pillow and pillow case
• Towel and wash cloth
7:00 AM Wake Up
7:30 AM Worship
8:00 AM Breakfast
8:30 AM Start Work
1:00 PM Lunch
5:00 PM Dinner
6:30 PM Leave for evening seminars
9:00 PM Worship/Team-building/de·brief
9:30 PM Free Time
10:00 PM Lights Out
More about the project.
Shabbat is a health and education located in Dzidzantún, Mexico. This center is currently under construction and is being built for the purpose of raising up medical missionaries and providing a place for the many who are suffering to receive lifestyle education and natural treatments.
This will be the first health and education center in the Yucatán area of Mexico. How needed is this center? Close to 100 districts out of 140 still need to be reached with Advent message, and from surveying villages in the area 75 to 85% of the illnesses the people have can be prevented and reversed with the proper lifestyle education and natural treatments. Although poverty and sanitation have their impact on the health of the people in Mexico, the lack of proper healthy lifestyle education is what is causing the majority of sickness and suffering. Our hope is to have Shabbat a place where suffering can be relieved and missionaries can be trained to not only preach and teach the gospel, but to put the gospel into practice, the compassion of Christ revealed.
With God's help and yours we hope to build a much needed kitchen for this center this November. We will be hosting a group from November 14-29th.
If the Lord permits and opens doors for you to come and join us please contact us as soon as possible.
< Back Sign Up to Volunteer! Donate Now!